I got this recipe from http://jamiecooksitup.net/2011/10/crispy-cheddar-chicken/. Breaded chicken without deep frying it sounds healthy and heavenly! I made some changes on the recipe with regard to the process because I always want to do things the easy way. Plus, I don’t have a food processor, so ….
Time: 15 minute prep + 35 minutes baking
Yield: 7 servings
4 large chicken breasts
2 sleeves Ritz crackers
1/4 t salt
1/8 t pepper
1/2 C milk
3 C cheddar cheese, grated
1 t dried parsley
1 Campbell’s cream of chicken soup
2 T sour cream
2 T butter
1. Cut each chicken breast into 3 large chunks.
2. Throw in the Ritz crackers into a resealable bag and crush them into crumbs.
3. Pour the milk, cheese and cracker crumbs into 3 separate bowls. Toss the salt and pepper into the cracker crumbs and stir the mixture around to combine.
4. Dip each piece of chicken into the milk, the cheese, and lastly, the cracker crumbs.
5. Cover the pan with tin foil and bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes. Remove the tin foil, bake for 10 more minutes, or until the edges of the chicken are golden brown and crispy.
6. Into a medium-sized sauce pan, combine the cream of chicken soup, sour cream and butter with a whisk. Stir it over medium high heat until the sauce is nice and hot. Serve over the chicken.